Although the conference now incorporates new technology and teaching methods to prepare students for real-world chemistry, the original conference goals have stayed consistent for 50 years — this is our 50th anniversary! (except we no longer are just referring to attendees as “he”)
General objectives for the conference, as listed in ChemEd 73 conference manual
- To have total involvement of all participants and establish communication, not only in a group, but also on a one-to-one basis, which will carry on during and after the conference.
- To gain new ideas in chemistry methodology, resulting in an improvement in chemistry teaching.
- These ideas are to be obtained by communication, both verbal and written, throughout the conference.
To help attain this objective the participant should:
- participate in all sessions verbally; read and look at other chemistry courses;
- carry on discussion on the topics they are interested in, during and after the sessions;
- bring along and take home pages of printed ideas; we are here to help one another by exchange.